#1 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationChester County, PA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:24 AM

I've recently gotten my converted chest freezer back up and running as a serving fridge after a long hiatus from brewing. I have 4 Perlick faucets but have no memory of which model I bought nor where I bought them from. Is there any easy way of identifying which faucets I have? Only 2 are current serving so I can break the others down to find a # or identifying feature if needed.

Also, has anyone attempted to install the Intertap self sealing spring into a Perlick?

Thanks!

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

I've recently gotten my converted chest freezer back up and running as a serving fridge after a long hiatus from brewing. I have 4 Perlick faucets but have no memory of which model I bought nor where I bought them from. Is there any easy way of identifying which faucets I have? Only 2 are current serving so I can break the others down to find a # or identifying feature if needed.

Also, has anyone attempted to install the Intertap self sealing spring into a Perlick?

Thanks!

can you post a picture?

Does it have the removable spout? 

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

can you post a picture?

Does it have the removable spout?

I was going to ask about the removable spout. I had some perlick 525S (I think that was the model) where it was all one piece... you could not remove the spout.

#4 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm working on finding a picture small enough to post but in the interim, the spout is removable.

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

I'm working on finding a picture small enough to post but in the interim, the spout is removable.

Sounds like a Perlick 425.  I have many and love them, good faucet IMO but others may disagree.

perlick_faucet.jpg

#6 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

Thanks! I don't think mine say Perlick on the side but will double check. I recall the name being underneath the faucet.

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

Sounds like a Perlick 425.  I have many and love them, good faucet IMO but others may disagree.

perlick_faucet.jpg

I think that I would like them. I got two Ventmatic faucets when I had a double tower setup. When I went to 4 taps I picked up two Perlick one-piece jobbies that were just fine but the truth was that they didn't really match with the others and I wanted to use the 8mm spout so I sent the Perlicks to TAG in Colorado (is he still a member here?) and he sent me two Ventmatics that he wasn't using.

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

perlick_faucet.jpg

how diff can it really be from a ventmatic or something?  the basic design looks to be the same.

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

how diff can it really be from a ventmatic or something?  the basic design looks to be the same.

I think it was the same and there were some lawsuits over it to be honest.  Perlikc, Ventamatic then Shirron all had the same design.  I think Ventamatic had better fit and finish thought.

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

The threads on the Perlick are slightly different but otherwise the design and construction are very similar. Most people that have either are happy with them.

#11 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:47 AM

The threads on the Perlick are slightly different but otherwise the design and construction are very similar. Most people that have either are happy with them.

as in a different thread pitch?

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:59 AM

as in a different thread pitch?

The threads for the spout attachment are different between the Perlick and Ventmatic. I only know this because my metal-fabricating bud told me and asked me to take a Ventmatic spout and a Perlick spout and see how they worked on my Ventmatic faucets... the V worked and the Perlick would only go so far.

#13 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

So I took a couple pictures of the faucets last night but am struggling to get them small enough to post! Any suggestions? The spout is removable and the "PERLICK" name is stamped onto the top rear of the faucet, close to the shank. These things are probably 15 years old if I had to guess.

#14 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

So I took a couple pictures of the faucets last night but am struggling to get them small enough to post! Any suggestions? The spout is removable and the "PERLICK" name is stamped onto the top rear of the faucet, close to the shank. These things are probably 15 years old if I had to guess.

Is there a specific reason that you want to identify the models of these? Are you looking for parts or trying to buy more and you want them to match, etc? Also, I take pics with my phone and resize them before I host them but they're still decent-sized pics. I'm not sure how small you have to get them but most of the hosting sites will allow for pretty big pics these days.

EDIT: If you want to email me the pics, I'll host them and get them up here for you. I can PM you my email address.

#15 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:08 AM

I've read that the Intertap self-closing spring works on some Perlick faucets so I'm trying to figure out which ones I have. My fear is that one of my cats will hit a faucet and waste a lot of beer.

I will happily email you the pics if you're willing! It looks like this site only allows uploads of 7.45kb, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

#16 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:36 AM

Okay, PM on the way.

#17 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

I've read that the Intertap self-closing spring works on some Perlick faucets so I'm trying to figure out which ones I have. My fear is that one of my cats will hit a faucet and waste a lot of beer.

I will happily email you the pics if you're willing! It looks like this site only allows uploads of 7.45kb, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

you need to host the pics yourself on imugr, photobucket, etc.

#18 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

Okay, here we go.

perlick1.jpg

perlick2.jpg

I still can't help with ID'ing the faucets. Do we have a Perlick expert in the house?

#19 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

I think they are 425's to be honest. They look just like mine other than where the Perlick is.  I will check mine at home to see if some of the writing in other places but I think you are safe looking up Perlick 425 for info.

These are what I have and they look very similiar

13612115_10155190532794657_2336232454374

Edited by drez77, 06 June 2017 - 09:00 AM.

#20 Seven

Seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Thanks, everyone! Most of the faucets I've seen online have a "P" stamped into the flat spot on the front of the faucet; mine don't have that. I'll cross check the 425s to see if the internals match. I may have my LHBS price out an order 4 of the Intertap springs anyway...if they don't work, I can sell them or just absorb the small cost. Were the 425s plated or stainless?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users