5 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

My father dropped off the hop crop for the year yesterday and it went into the freezer so I could plan out the wet hopped beer for this year.  Last year I did and amber but this year I am debating doing a saison.  I have 3.3# of Chinkook, Cascade and Columbus that smell damn nice.  Think I may just go simple wiht a mix of Two Row Pale, Pils and Wheat  and then hopburst from 15-0 and hit it with a big WP addition.  Thoughts?  I have a couple different saison yeast at the house but I may just go simple and use Belle.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

you freeze the wet hops?  have you done this before?

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

my cascades are looking great this year and it would be cool if I could pick some and go straight to freezing them.  is there a freezer time limit?

#4 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

my cascades are looking great this year and it would be cool if I could pick some and go straight to freezing them.  is there a freezer time limit?

Not long....I don't recommend freezing them at all.  But I certainly wouldn't do it for more than a day or so.

Edited by denny, 10 September 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

I needed to as the hops were ready but I was not ready to brew with them. I do only one beer, a wet hop one with my hops. If it doesn't come out OK... Oh well experiment failed and no great loss.

#6 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

Not long....I don't recommend freezing them at all.  But I certainly wouldn't do it for more than a day or so.

they decompose fast, real fast, when frozen fresh and thawed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users