#61 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Guys,I may give a piece of info id forgotten about. The online pricing most likely will change from what will actually be charged. How i set things up is i use the online pricing as a comparative. Actual and comparative various just slightly. Then once the order is 100% complete, i email the spreadsheet to NCM. I will then get a order receipt with current market pricing. I then update the spreadsheet pricing. I also post or send the spreadsheet to all the brewers before i email it so everyone can verify their order. Mistakes can be made and its nice for brewers to see and verify. I give a time line for verification and payment. They will honor the pricing while you collect all your money from everyone. Once all monies is collected, i pull the trigger. Just some helpful hints i learned along the way.Cheers....

Yeah, I figured I'd get a quote and verify with everyone in the buy before putting the order in. That's cool that they'll just take the spreadsheet. Makes it nice and easy.

#62 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, I figured I'd get a quote and verify with everyone in the buy before putting the order in. That's cool that they'll just take the spreadsheet. Makes it nice and easy.

Yes - definitely let us know and maybe put up an updated spreadsheet for people to review to make sure their orders are right so there can't be any confusion. What do you think?

#63 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

Yes - definitely let us know and maybe put up an updated spreadsheet for people to review to make sure their orders are right so there can't be any confusion. What do you think?

I think I'm on drugs since that's what you already said - not sure where my brain was yesterday :wacko:

#64 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Granted - I suspect it's still a small savings overall compared to hops direct but without being able to calculate their current shipping prices (I can only base it on past shipping prices) I can't be sure.Maybe you should list out the hops that are already being bought over in your hop trading thread so we could get up to an 11lb bag and really roll around in the savings :)

I've thought about it, and I think it makes the most sense to do shipping by the pound. No problems that way.

#65 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:56 AM

I've thought about it, and I think it makes the most sense to do shipping by the pound. No problems that way.

That should encourage some more people to get on board with the hops which should be good. Have you had a chance to estimate the per pound shipping price yet?

#66 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:12 AM

How are things shaping up here? Any updates?

#67 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

I'm just waiting to see if we can get any more interest in the hops. If we can't make up any 11 pounders we'll just go with the order we have. If nothing has changed by the end of the week, I'll submit the spreadsheets to NCM to get an official price quote. Once we have verified the prices and everyone's cost, I'll start collecting money. Hopefully, I'll have all the money collected by May 8th and we can place the order.If anyone has a problem with that timeline, let me know.

#68 bdutton

bdutton

Comptroller of Gifts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10473 posts
  • LocationIn your head, 24x7

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

I put this in the hops thread but duplicating it here so hopefully no confusion:1# Cascade1# simcoe1# ChinookPellet hops or whole? (Prefer to work with pellet)

#69 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

I put this in the hops thread but duplicating it here so hopefully no confusion:1# Cascade1# simcoe1# ChinookPellet hops or whole? (Prefer to work with pellet)

Earlier on our great group buy organizer mentioned that pellets is the default so I think you are good.

#70 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

Ive been mulling it over, Id be game for some hops as well. 1# Amarillo1# Centennial....if possible.

#71 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

Sure, no problem, wdb.I'm mulling over the decision on the hops, I still might go for a few of the 11 lb bags even though we don't have a ton of interest. It can't be that hard to move them at the prices we'd be getting. This afternoon I'll add up everyone's invoice and send out the preliminary cost estimates. If everyone is OK with the preliminary estimates, I'll get the formal quote from NCM and verify with everyone.

#72 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

I was just browsing the Hops Direct website, and the bulk pricing for the hops from NCM isn't as good as I originally thought. I'd suggest everyone takes a look at Hops Direct before we put in our order at NCM. Most of the varieties have dropped in price quite a bit from Hops Direct (at least from what I remember), but there still may be a few varieties that we can get from NCM that aren't available, or are more expensive, at Hops Direct.

#73 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

I was just browsing the Hops Direct website, and the bulk pricing for the hops from NCM isn't as good as I originally thought. I'd suggest everyone takes a look at Hops Direct before we put in our order at NCM. Most of the varieties have dropped in price quite a bit from Hops Direct (at least from what I remember), but there still may be a few varieties that we can get from NCM that aren't available, or are more expensive, at Hops Direct.

What is the pricing at NCM for the varieties that are looking to be ordered?

#74 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

What is the pricing at NCM for the varieties that are looking to be ordered?

Cascade is about $1/oz at hops direct but the amount matters b/c this is without factoring in shipping.

#75 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I think I will just get my NB there. The price is very cheap at Hops Direct. Prices are really starting to drop.Mike

#76 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

I think I will just get my NB there. The price is very cheap at Hops Direct. Prices are really starting to drop.Mike

Yes - it seems that hops direct in general has some good prices. If we just order grains on this group buy that may be a simpler order for the JKoravos.

#77 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

All the hops on NCM's Spot Hop List are $22.95 or $23.95 per pound. If you're buying 2+ pounds you'll probably be able to break down the shipping enough that the per pound price is less from hops direct, unless you're ordering something expensive or not available from hops direct. For example, NCM has EKG and Mittelfruh, whereas HD does not, or you could get Cluster for $22.95 from NCM, whereas it's $27.00 from HD.Just something to think about. Heck, it might not even be a good time to go all out on hops, in a few months or a year the prices could be back to 2005 levels. I need hops anyway, so I'll buy a few pounds, but if you have some already it may be good to wait. I'm going to put in an order from HD now, but I may still get a pound or two from NCM.Also, I'm going to get a sack of Crystal 60L, if anyone want to split that up I'd be game. I use a lot of Crystal 60, but not enough to kill a sack in the next 2-3 years.

Edited by JKoravos, 03 May 2009 - 04:36 PM.

#78 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

I will probably go in for 5 or 10 # of the C60Mike

#79 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

All the hops on NCM's Spot Hop List are $22.95 or $23.95 per pound. If you're buying 2+ pounds you'll probably be able to break down the shipping enough that the per pound price is less from hops direct, unless you're ordering something expensive or not available from hops direct. For example, NCM has EKG and Mittelfruh, whereas HD does not, or you could get Cluster for $22.95 from NCM, whereas it's $27.00 from HD.Just something to think about. Heck, it might not even be a good time to go all out on hops, in a few months or a year the prices could be back to 2005 levels. I need hops anyway, so I'll buy a few pounds, but if you have some already it may be good to wait. I'm going to put in an order from HD now, but I may still get a pound or two from NCM.Also, I'm going to get a sack of Crystal 60L, if anyone want to split that up I'd be game. I use a lot of Crystal 60, but not enough to kill a sack in the next 2-3 years.

I'll take 10# of crystal 60L

#80 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

You make some good points - should I let you know about any updates/changes now or when you throw up the order? I'm not even sure what I've told to get me at this point :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users