#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

So, I'm organizing the New England North Country Malt Group Buy and we're going to have room on our pallet. North Country has a big price break when you step up to their 11# bags from their 1# bags ($18-19/lb vs. $23-24/lb). I'd like to get a few 11# bags and distribute them among the group for cost + shipping to you. Cost per pound for the hops is $18 or $19 depending on the variety. This way members can get 1 or 2 (or 5) pounds at bulk prices, plus a little shipping. Shipping will be a flat $5.00 for up to two pounds (assuming 2 lbs will fit in a priority mail flat rate box), for over two pounds it's a flat $10.50 (up to however many pounds will fit in a large priority mail flat rate box, which should be a lot).So discuss amongst yourselves and let's see if we can all agree on a few varieties to bulk buy. Whoever wants their current hop prices and availability, PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It looks like they have pretty much all the popular varieties in stock and the great majority are $18/lb, with a few being $19/lb and, for some reason, Willamette is $14.50/lb (less than $1/oz.! :smilielol: ). Notes:1.) This will likely be for pellets only, but if a bunch of people can agree on 11# (or 13# for some varieties) of leafs, I have no problem buying leaf. The leaf hops are about $1 cheaper per pound.2.) I have the capability to vacuum bag the hops after I break them up, if people are interested in that. If we're going to do this, I'll bag them by the pound. Don't ask me to bag up ounces.*Disclaimer: 'All Members Eligible' only applies to members eligible to receive packages via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes. :)

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

From the NE NCM Group buy there is already interest in:Cascade 1# Norther Brewer 1# Hal. Mittelfruh 1# Willamette 1# EKG 1# I'll probably put in for 1-2# of any variety and I'll cover an additional pound or two, since I can probably unload them at a later date, or trade for something else. So, I'd say if we can get to 7-8# of any variety among other members it will be enough to add it to the order.So everyone, post what and how you're interested in...

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

I'll probably put in for 1-2# of any variety and I'll cover an additional pound or two, since I can probably unload them at a later date, or trade for something else.

Look at this guy! We all owe you.

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

Look at this guy! We all owe you.

I'm really close to ordering even more hops - what the hell is wrong with me....

#5 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

I am down for some EKG and Cascade let me know if this goes down

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Good man - let's get these all up to 11lb :smilielol:

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

what the hell is wrong with me....

you love beer?

#8 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

you love beer?

guilty

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

If loving beer is wrong, I don't ever wanna be right!

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

If loving beer is wrong, I don't ever wanna be right!

Can I get an AMEN from the congregation?!?!!!

#11 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

I'm really close to ordering even more hops - what the hell is wrong with me....

nothing at all...my fridge is probably like a half fridge and half of the small freezer portion is filled with probably about 2-3 pounds of hops in 4 oz bags...I just bought a seal-a-meal so i want MORE....problem is, is that I live on microwave dinners and another 2 pounds will probably fill the sucker up...oh well, beer is more important than food

#12 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Nice call Beersox. Sounds like you have your priorities set straight too. Beer is more important than food. I would give some consideration to participating in this group buy. I bought some Warrior and Simcoe 2007 from NCM a month ago and I was pleased with it too. Keep my filled in please. I need more HOPS too.

#13 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

How much of each?Not to force anything on you, but it seems like 2+lbs are where the real saving are at, due to shipping. This is what I'm expecting the shipping cost per pound to be:1lb - $5.00/lb2lb - $2.50/lb3lb - $3.33/lb (two boxes)4lb - $2.50/lb (two boxes)5lb - $2.10/lb (one box)goes down from there...All this assumes 2 lb. will fit in a flat rate box or envelope ($5). It'll be close, but I think it'll get in there, especially since it'll be vac'ed. The normal sized flat rate box ($10.50) will fit 5+ lbs easily.

#14 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

How much of each?Not to force anything on you, but it seems like 2+lbs are where the real saving are at, due to shipping. This is what I'm expecting the shipping cost per pound to be:1lb - $5.00/lb2lb - $2.50/lb3lb - $3.33/lb (two boxes)4lb - $2.50/lb (two boxes)5lb - $2.10/lb (one box)goes down from there...All this assumes 2 lb. will fit in a flat rate box or envelope ($5). It'll be close, but I think it'll get in there, especially since it'll be vac'ed. The normal sized flat rate box ($10.50) will fit 5+ lbs easily.

I was only thinkin a pound a piece...if you need me to go 4+ pounds if it would be possible I would like a pound of 2 other kinds

#15 dnb

dnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

I might be in for 1 of Hallertau M. and 1 of EKG... I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it comes around. :)

#16 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

I was only thinkin a pound a piece...if you need me to go 4+ pounds if it would be possible I would like a pound of 2 other kinds

A pound of each should work out. Actually, for some reason in my head I thought you only wanted one pound total. I think we can probably get enough people to get a few varieties. I just don't want anyone having to pay $5 to ship one pound. Based on what people are telling me, it seems like the most interest is in Cascade, Mittelfruh, N. Brewer and EKG.We need to get 5-6 more pounds of each account for a bag.

Edited by JKoravos, 26 April 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#17 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

8 oz of 4 different styles would be the best for me actually....but let me know how things pan out

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

8 oz of 4 different styles would be the best for me actually....but let me know how things pan out

It's starting to look like we may not have enough interest, but I'd still like to try to get this done with at least 1 or 2 varieties. If anyone knows of other people who might like to jump in, let me know.

#19 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

aww shucks....well whatever i am looking at some 2008 crop on ebay for 1.56/ounce (incld ship) so that aint bad at all

#20 mikesarney

mikesarney

Advanced Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationBridgeville, PA

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

It's starting to look like we may not have enough interest, but I'd still like to try to get this done with at least 1 or 2 varieties. If anyone knows of other people who might like to jump in, let me know.

I would be in for 2# of Willamette, 1# of Cascade, 1# of Mittelfruh if it helps. (Or 1# willamette and 2# of cascade)I just found this thread. Have to remember to look in here more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users