#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

Any of you guys up for it? Despite not brewing anywhere near as much as I wanted to the last few months, I'm still getting low on a few things. I'm set on any specialty stuff, but I am interested in a few sacks of base malt. a couple Pale, an MO, a Pils, a Munich and maybe a sack of smoked malt (mmmm...smoky). I'd prefer to do less splitting this time around, but we'll see what people want.Whatchu guys think?

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

I'm kind of in a tough spot here. I have probably used a little over half of base grains from last year but with a baby on the way in May I'm not sure how much I'll be brewing in the coming year. I have every intention of brewing plenty but it's tough to say. I think I'll probably be able to commit to a couple of 55lb sacks though. I'll occasionally check in to see how the prices are developing. :devil:

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

Well, congratulations! It's a whirlwind, but it's awesome. I didn't brew much for the first few months, but I wasn't brewing much before that either and it was winter, so I probably wouldn't have brewed too much anyway. I think you can do it if you have your system fairly streamlined. Hopefully I can get a few people interested in the group buy, people have been quiet lately. It really doesn't take much to make a pallet order worth it, so we should be able to get it done.

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've got a guy at work who is interested in at least a couple of bags (I could pay and pick up for him to keep things simple).

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:13 AM

I also have a couple other guys intrested if we do this again.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:15 AM

I also have a couple other guys intrested if we do this again.

drez - were you the one that wanted some carapils? I still have plenty :stabby:

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

I'm planning on being dangerously low on base grains by the end of May. You guys let me know what you want and I'll start the list.

#8 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

I'm planning on being dangerously low on base grains by the end of May. You guys let me know what you want and I'll start the list.

I need to do a final inventory about what I currently have and have used up so I can figure out what I'll be picking up. Whenever you get any pricing info post it up!

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

drez - were you the one that wanted some carapils? I still have plenty :stabby:

yeah that was me if you have some to share ..LOL

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

yeah that was me if you have some to share ..LOL

well hopefully I'll see JK before you do so that he can act as the grain transporter. I think he needs a BMW 7-series and some leather driving gloves.

#11 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I still have like 40lbs of carapils. I should probably just distribute among whoever is in the group buy. There's no way I'm ever going to use all of this.

#12 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, I still have like 40lbs of carapils. I should probably just distribute among whoever is in the group buy. There's no way I'm ever going to use all of this.

I probably have about 16-17lbs so none for me! I only use about 5lbs a year max :P

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

JK - when do you think you'll be placing the order this year? No big rush - just curious. I still need to do figure out what I currently have for inventory - probably this weekend.

#14 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

I hope by late-May/early-June.

#15 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

I have to tally up what I need too. Any problems opening this up to a couple guys in my homebrew club?

#16 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

I have to tally up what I need too. Any problems opening this up to a couple guys in my homebrew club?

No, that's fine with me.

#17 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

So I'm considering not buying any US Pale Ale or 2-row this year. I still have a little over half of what I bought last year so I'm figuring if I run out I can just start using Maris Otter. What do you guys think regarding this?

#18 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

So I'm considering not buying any US Pale Ale or 2-row this year. I still have a little over half of what I bought last year so I'm figuring if I run out I can just start using Maris Otter. What do you guys think regarding this?

I am thinking of only getting MO also. I figure I can adjust the recipes I have if need be. I just like the flavor of MO more.

#19 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:07 AM

I am thinking of only getting MO also. I figure I can adjust the recipes I have if need be. I just like the flavor of MO more.

yeah, my thought was that I could get by using MO in a recipe that I'd normally use US Pale in but I'd really miss MO in a recipe that calls for it.

#20 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64040 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

Well, I'm almost out of Munich (~5lbs left) and I have a few Munich heavy recipes that I want to do coming up, so I'd like to get this done sooner rather than later. I'm going to be traveling alot in the next few weeks, but I can probably put the order in the last week of May if you guys are up for it. Here's what I'm in for:2 US Pale2 MO1 Pils1 MunichAdd on what you guys want...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users