136 replies to this topic

#21 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Well, I'm almost out of Munich (~5lbs left) and I have a few Munich heavy recipes that I want to do coming up, so I'd like to get this done sooner rather than later. I'm going to be traveling alot in the next few weeks, but I can probably put the order in the last week of May if you guys are up for it. Here's what I'm in for:2 US Pale2 MO1 Pils1 MunichAdd on what you guys want...

For me and the guys I know it will probably be:1 US Pale Ale2 Munich1 Golden Promise2 Maris OtterETA: just let me know the prices plus approximate shipping per sack of grain and I should be able to confirm.

#22 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

I think I am looking at 1 Pils1 Wheat1 2 row 2 MOHave to check with the other guys that may join in and get back to you. End of May will work for me.

#23 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

I think I am looking at 1 Pils1 Wheat1 2 row 2 MOHave to check with the other guys that may join in and get back to you. End of May will work for me.

hmmm - I might add some pils to my order. I need to check out how much I have left...

#24 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Any thoughts on specialty malts?I would be intrested in some C-40 .. and I think you guys need some cara-pils .. :frank:

#25 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63971 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

I did a major stock up on specialty malts last year. I don't need anything right now. I got that partial sack of C60 last year, now I'm starting to regret it, because it's going to take me years to go through the 30 pounds that I ended up with. I'd be willing to part with some of that C60 if you want some. Although, I may be willing to split a sack of the Briess Cherry Smoked Best Malz smoked malt. (EDIT: For some reason I thought they carried the Briess stuff, but it looks like the only smoked malt is the Best Malz, which is probably the classic Beechwood smoked rauchmalt, which is what I'd prefer anyway).I'll start the the spread sheet for the order.

Edited by JKoravos, 26 April 2010 - 11:02 AM.

#26 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

I still have a fair amount of the C60 we got last year also. I think I remember your post on specialty malts. I may just have to go to one of the online sources and stock up in 5# increments.

#27 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63971 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

I'm thinking maybe splitting a pail of PBW as well. only $2.40/lb in bulk (compared to about $5 in 1 pound jars). They also sell something that's called Super CIP, which is a chlorinted caustic. Good for recirculating keg cleaners. Maybe split up a gallon of Saniclean, for recircing sanitizer?

#28 bdutton

bdutton

Comptroller of Gifts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10473 posts
  • LocationIn your head, 24x7

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

I will definitely like to buy in.I'll take a look at the catalog and let you know.

#29 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

I'm thinking maybe splitting a pail of PBW as well. only $2.40/lb in bulk (compared to about $5 in 1 pound jars). They also sell something that's called Super CIP, which is a chlorinted caustic. Good for recirculating keg cleaners. Maybe split up a gallon of Saniclean, for recircing sanitizer?

I would be down for this any or all 3 could find a use in my brewhouse

#30 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

I still have a fair amount of the C60 we got last year also. I think I remember your post on specialty malts. I may just have to go to one of the online sources and stock up in 5# increments.

We aren't splitting anything this year are we? If anyone wanted to split pilsen I would be down with that :frank:

#31 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63971 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

I don't want to get into too much splitting, but a few is OK.

#32 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

I don't want to get into too much splitting, but a few is OK.

I'll probably also be picking up a bag of vienna. FYI.Anyone interested in splitting some pilsen?

#33 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63971 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Drez, you got any numbers from your guys?

#34 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

Drez, you got any numbers from your guys?

2 sacks of 2 - row and one of Pils

#35 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

hmmm - not sure if I should buy some pils or not. I could always buy some at a higher price if I needed it. Right now I have some from last year but not much - tough decisions...

#36 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

hmmm - not sure if I should buy some pils or not. I could always buy some at a higher price if I needed it. Right now I have some from last year but not much - tough decisions...

Buy the pils!! You now if you do not you will need it.

#37 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63971 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

2 sacks of 2 - row and one of Pils

Is that everything, or are orders still coming in?zym, I put you down for a pils. :devil:

#38 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

Is that everything, or are orders still coming in?zym, I put you down for a pils. :devil:

might as well - I'll probably end up buying it b/c I want to start making alts I think.

#39 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:20 AM

Go with that. The rest never got back to me. Their loss.

#40 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:20 AM

might as well - I'll probably end up buying it b/c I want to start making alts I think.

mmmm Alt .. is 620 to early to start drinking??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users