136 replies to this topic

#61 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:40 AM

Zymo -- good to have you back on the board!

Thanks drez - I may be able to quit the PH but I need my brewing discussions. :angry:

#62 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

A guy at my work would pick up around 10#s at the $2.40 price. I'd probably also pick up 10# at this price. How are we looking now?

#63 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

A guy at my work would pick up around 10#s at the $2.40 price. I'd probably also pick up 10# at this price. How are we looking now?

I should have mentioned I was talking about PBW.

#64 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

That is atleast 40# right there. If we need another 10# I can talk to the guys in my hb club.

#65 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

That is atleast 40# right there. If we need another 10# I can talk to the guys in my hb club.

Sounds like it's probably a go then.

#66 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, sounds like a go for the PBW. Regarding the usage rate, it's 1 to 3 oz. by weight per gallon of water. I don't know where Williams Brewing got their numbers, but according to Five Star, four pounds would treat a maximum of 64 gallons.PBW Product Page

#67 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:58 AM

Yeah, sounds like a go for the PBW. Regarding the usage rate, it's 1 to 3 oz. by weight per gallon of water. I don't know where Williams Brewing got their numbers, but according to Five Star, four pounds would treat a maximum of 64 gallons.PBW Product Page

woah - no wonder people use oxiclean. so I'll plan to only use PBW for the serious jobs and maybe occasionally on my serving lines.

#68 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

woah - no wonder people use oxiclean. so I'll plan to only use PBW for the serious jobs and maybe occasionally on my serving lines.

I use as much or more than that when I use Oxiclean. I think I've been paying $6.50 for the 3.5 pound tub of Oxiclean, so about $1.85/lb. For the extra $0.55/lb I think the PBW is worth it. If you buy a couple of pounds at a time and you're paying $5/lb, I don't think that is worth it.

#69 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:31 AM

I use as much or more than that when I use Oxiclean. I think I've been paying $6.50 for the 3.5 pound tub of Oxiclean, so about $1.85/lb. For the extra $0.55/lb I think the PBW is worth it. If you buy a couple of pounds at a time and you're paying $5/lb, I don't think that is worth it.

I got a sweet deal on a tub of oxiclean about 6 months ago where it was about $1.50/lb. At the LHBS that I don't go to anymore I guess that guy sells PBW for $7/lb!!!

#70 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, I think a lot of places sell it for that if you just buy 1 pound, which is ludicrous. The deal for the 50# pail of PBW is really good considering the 450lb. drum is $2.20/lb, and the price jumps up to $3.44/lb if you buy a case of four 8 lb jars.

#71 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

beer. :shock:

#72 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

My schedule is crazy right now, but I'll try to find a few minutes this week to put the order together and get a quote from NCM.

#73 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

My schedule is crazy right now, but I'll try to find a few minutes this week to put the order together and get a quote from NCM.

you da man

#74 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

JK ... We still doing the sani-clean too??

#75 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

You want some? I was just going to get a 1 gal jug @ $24, unless you want to split one. My quart of Star San has lasted me years. A gallon of Saniclean will probably last me until I'm retired. I wouldn't mind splitting it up.

#76 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

You want some? I was just going to get a 1 gal jug @ $24, unless you want to split one. My quart of Star San has lasted me years. A gallon of Saniclean will probably last me until I'm retired. I wouldn't mind splitting it up.

I would go for a half if you want to. I am gettign to the point were my star-san is almost empty so one way or another I will need to get some.

#77 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Any word on zee hop prices?

#78 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Any word on zee hop prices?

gah - unless they have a good price on EKG pellets I'm not too concerned. I just ordered 7lbs from hops direct :facepalm:

#79 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

gah - unless they have a good price on EKG pellets I'm not too concerned. I just ordered 7lbs from hops direct :covreyes:

Nice!!! You should be good to go for a while. Nothing like coming home to a big order of hops!

#80 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64049 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Sorry, guys. I'm in europe this week. i'll get on it when I get home next week. I've been on the road most of the last month and it's kinda putting a cramp in my brewing schedule. :covreyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users