Photo
- - - - -

Moat Mountain Smokehouse and Brewing Co.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

MMSBC is a restaurant and brewery located just north of the center of North Conway, NH on NH16. It's in what appears to be a large house. The interior layout matches the exterior, with many separated rooms with seating in them. I've been here a few times, overall the food has alway been pretty good. Their BBQ if just average, but the menu extends well beyond just BBQ. The beer isn't amazing, but it's solid. Fairly typical brewpub tap list. I had their Octoberfest on my last visit and I was pretty happy with it. Overall, I'd recommend it. A great place to go after skiing, hiking or partaking in one of the many other outdoor activities available in the area.A word of warning: They offer their beer for sale on site in 24oz. cans (just the Pale Ale), 22oz. bottles and growlers. I picked up 4 of the cans of pale ale and a 22oz. of their tripel. I was shocked and kinda pissed to see the bill came out to $32. $5 a piece for the cans an $12 for the bomber (:) WTF?). I didn't expect it to be much since buying at the source is generally on the cheaper side. Definitely will never make that mistake again.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

MMSBC is a restaurant and brewery located just north of the center of North Conway, NH on NH16. It's in what appears to be a large house. The interior layout matches the exterior, with many separated rooms with seating in them. I've been here a few times, overall the food has alway been pretty good. Their BBQ if just average, but the menu extends well beyond just BBQ. The beer isn't amazing, but it's solid. Fairly typical brewpub tap list. I had their Octoberfest on my last visit and I was pretty happy with it. Overall, I'd recommend it. A great place to go after skiing, hiking or partaking in one of the many other outdoor activities available in the area.A word of warning: They offer their beer for sale on site in 24oz. cans (just the Pale Ale), 22oz. bottles and growlers. I picked up 4 of the cans of pale ale and a 22oz. of their tripel. I was shocked and kinda pissed to see the bill came out to $32. $5 a piece for the cans an $12 for the bomber (:) WTF?). I didn't expect it to be much since buying at the source is generally on the cheaper side. Definitely will never make that mistake again.

$12 for a bomber is highway robbery. you can usually get a growler filled at a brewery for $12.

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63966 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

No kidding. I refuse to pay $7 for a bomber, let alone $12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users