#1 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

Comptroller of Ivory Powers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

Looking to get people together to get a group buy going for southern Michigan (possibly Indiana). If interested please indicate what you are looking to get and how much.Cheers!Oprfilth 7 bags, starsan, pbwScotts 1 bagrockon 5 bags?dagomike 1 bag, 1 starsan, 50# pbw, 2 acid cleanertjthresh 1 bag

#2 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

I'm in for 50-100lbs. Not sure exactly what just yet.

#3 tjthresh

tjthresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

A group buy from where?What part of MI/IN? Near the lake?

#4 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

A group buy from where?What part of MI/IN? Near the lake?

Around the Lansing area. If you are interested though I might be able to get the grain closer to you via my bro who's a state cop in Indiana and works Marshall county.

#5 tjthresh

tjthresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Around the Lansing area. If you are interested though I might be able to get the grain closer to you via my bro who's a state cop in Indiana and works Marshall county.

I'm going to keep an this thread. My in-laws live in LaPorte County, so this could be doable if you brother is on board. What kind of a buy are we looking at.

#6 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2661 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

Assuming you're talking about grain, I'd definately be interested. Depends on the final cost, but I could see myslef getting maybe 3 sacks of 2 row and maybe 2 sacks of munich. I live in the Detroit area, so Lansing is doable for me.

#7 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Definitely grain, guys.Since we already have a few people interested I think it might be worthwhile to get in contact with North Country Malt and find out how much we can stuff on a pallet.

#8 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

LinkLooks like up to 2310 lbs per pallet, 42 bags. $145 for shipping + $19 fuel surcharge.

#9 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

LinkMid-country out of Chicago looks cheaper - $80 shipping, $16 fuel surcharge.CatalogEdit: Shipping comes to $0.04/lb if we fill up the pallet.

#10 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19199 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I might be able to get the grain closer to you via my bro who's a state cop in Indiana and works Marshall county.

What the hell does that mean? Chain gang? LOL :(I'm not really brewing right now and I've got an inventory I actually want to clear out, but I might go in for some base grains.I'd suggest getting chemicals too. I'd be good for some Star-San, acid cleaner, and maybe PBW too.

#11 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

What the hell does that mean? Chain gang? LOL :devil:I'm not really brewing right now and I've got an inventory I actually want to clear out, but I might go in for some base grains.I'd suggest getting chemicals too. I'd be good for some Star-San, acid cleaner, and maybe PBW too.

I prefer to think of it as the Hillbilly Parcel Service. :)If we can get chemicals on the pallet then I'd be in for some StarSan and PBW.Maybe we should start to get a tally going? Personally I'd like 7 bags of grains.

#12 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

I added a tally to the first post. I'll update it as more people commit. Looks like we've got 1/3 of a pallet at this point.

#13 tjthresh

tjthresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

I'd suggest getting chemicals too. I'd be good for some Star-San, acid cleaner, and maybe PBW too.

If we can get chemicals on the pallet then I'd be in for some StarSan and PBW.

Just so everybody knows, they charge a HazMat fee for the chemicals. We need to make sure that that fee is charged only to those who ordered chems.

#14 dagomike

dagomike

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19199 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

I prefer to think of it as the Hillbilly Parcel Service. :devil:If we can get chemicals on the pallet then I'd be in for some StarSan and PBW.Maybe we should start to get a tally going? Personally I'd like 7 bags of grains.

LOL.Just know that I think they only ship by the case. So, probably looking at four gallon jugs. As far as I know the stuff doesn't go bad.I'd go for at least 1 jug of Star-San and 2 Acid #5 (I think that's the phosphoric/nitric acid -- blktre?) And a 50# bucket of PBW. I'd probably go for a sack of TF Maris Otter too. I'll talk to the LBHS. They might be up for something if they can get a deal on shipping.

#15 tjthresh

tjthresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

I'll start my order with a sack of 2060 Canadian Malting Pale Ale Malt.

#16 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

Just so everybody knows, they charge a HazMat fee for the chemicals. We need to make sure that that fee is charged only to those who ordered chems.

Hazmat fee is straight up $15 no matter how much is ordered. Just remember, each case or bucket takes a sak spot on the pallet.Ive got a Excel spreadsheet w/ everything on MCM website. All it needs is the current market price plugged in and the sheet does all the math. I may be able to send it to whomever is running your pallet. LBG buys 4-5 pallets per year from MCM.

Edited by Blktre, 02 April 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#17 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

That would be sweet, Blktre!I nominate ScottS to be our black market grain dealer. :covreyes:

#18 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, that would be awesome! Email it to me, if you don't mind. :covreyes:

#19 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, that would be awesome! Email it to me, if you don't mind. :covreyes:

Sounds good. Let me look at it and make sure all the cells are working and protected.

#20 dagomike

dagomike

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19199 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Andy: Acid #5 -- is that phosphoric/nitric acid? I thought I recall you ordering it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users