#21 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I have no insight on the motivation of the mods as I posted my position publicly, but warnings in a thread title don't grant immunity to the content. To me this isn't about being offended, it's about being associated with some of the racist shit that was posted in there.

While I don't disagree entirely, for the sake of conversation I will just put this pit there. These are jokes playin on common stereotypes. As someone who understands that, I find these jokes comical in the sense that it makes fun of people who hold these stereotypes.Fwiw, the most complained about joke in that thread was about Jewish noses. The first ten times or so I heard that joke it was told to me by Jewish friends.

#22 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42029 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm not a racist, far from it. I have black friends, hispanic friends, Asian friends, Hell even gay and lesbian friends... If it's funny it's funny, period. It really makes me laugh how many people here act so holier than thou but still laugh out of the other side of their face. 

Like Rodney Carrington once said, there's always ONE fat bitch in the crowd that just wants to #### it up for everyone...

#23 TxBrewer

TxBrewer

CrAp Czar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22585 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Some funny stuff in that thread. Shame it died.

#24 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

I have no insight on the motivation of the mods as I posted my position publicly, but warnings in a thread title don't grant immunity to the content. To me this isn't about being offended, it's about being associated with some of the racist shit that was posted in there.

While I don't disagree entirely, for the sake of conversation I will just put this pit there. These are jokes playin on common stereotypes. As someone who understands that, I find these jokes comical in the sense that it makes fun of people who hold these stereotypes.Fwiw, the most complained about joke in that thread was about Jewish noses. The first ten times or so I heard that joke it was told to me by Jewish friends.

#25 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25213 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

I certainly don't agree with just disappearing a thread, as opposed to locking it, but the whole point of the thread was to provoke a response, sort of the basic definition of trollage.  And, while I disagree with the idea of simply disappearing threads,  kudos to the mods for rousing themselves.

#26 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42029 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

I certainly don't agree with just disappearing a thread, as opposed to locking it, but the whole point of the thread was to provoke a response, sort of the basic definition of trollage. And, while I disagree with the idea of simply disappearing threads, kudos to the mods for rousing themselves.

Trolling? Who the #### was trolling?Fwiw I would have certainly thought the most offensive jokes would have been the dead baby jokes.

#27 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Many of those were well past off-color and into offensive.  Remember that we're trying to maintain a reasonably welcoming atmosphere here.

#28 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

So, Frank posting chick pics is ok because why? I mean there is a NSFW tag in the title which there was in the joke thread as well. If you dont like it dont view it. Simple as that...

Read the code of conduct. That sets out what is okay here and what isn't. If you don't like it find another forum where you can post what you want. Simple as that...

I'm not a racist, far from it. I have black friends, hispanic friends, Asian friends, Hell even gay and lesbian friends... If it's funny it's funny, period. It really makes me laugh how many people here act so holier than thou but still laugh out of the other side of their face. 

You can't be a racist because some of your best friends are black. If you want to talk about cliches and stereotypes...

Just because a joke is offensive doesn't mean it's not funny; that's true. But just because a joke is funny (and many of those weren't) doesn't mean it's okay to tell, either. And certainly not that it's okay to tell here.

#29 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

And, while I disagree with the idea of simply disappearing threads,  kudos to the mods for rousing themselves.

That might have been a temporary step until they sorted it out.

#30 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Trolling? Who the #### was trolling?Fwiw I would have certainly thought the most offensive jokes would have been the dead baby jokes.

Apparently people do care about the Jews lolhttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=1sONfxPCTU0

#31 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

It was my female orgasm joke, wasn't it?

#32 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42029 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Read the code of conduct. That sets out what is okay here and what isn't. If you don't like it find another forum where you can post what you want. Simple as that...

You can't be a racist because some of your best friends are black. If you want to talk about cliches and stereotypes...

Just because a joke is offensive doesn't mean it's not funny; that's true. But just because a joke is funny (and many of those weren't) doesn't mean it's okay to tell, either. And certainly not that it's okay to tell here.

Ok, so if some kid was searching for hot chicks on google and found our site then it's ok... I gotcha

I thought we were all adults here and able to make our own decisions on what to view or what not to view... I guess thats more of the holier than thou coming out... Hypocrites...

#33 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

No.

Yes.

#34 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ok, so if some kid was searching for hot chicks on google and found our site then it's ok... I gotcha I thought we were all adults here and able to make our own decisions on what to view or what not to view... I guess thats more of the holier than thou coming out... Hypocrites...

This is not 'Nam.  This is Brews-Bros.  There are rules.

#35 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10780 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I missed that one. Can you tell it again?

#36 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

When females orgasm they make you a sandwich.Side track here.....My wife likes shoveling snow. It hurts my back though. We divide up household duties as we see fit. Some neighbor of one feltThe need to tell my wife that it's not her job to do the shoveling. Go get me to do it. #### him hard. I suppose he would have her barefoot and preggers in the kitchen

#37 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

I missed that one. Can you tell it again?

How long does it take the average female to orgasm?

Who cares?

#38 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

This is not 'Nam.  This is Brews-Bros.  There are rules.

Walter. :wub:

#39 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42029 posts
  • LocationYour mom

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,250,231);]This is not 'Nam.  This is Brews-Bros.  There are rules.[/color]

I get that but the rules seem to be really slanted at times and vary from day to day... 

So, I guess from here on in I'll be within the guidlines that whenever someone makes an Irish Joke to report it... Because I'm all of a sudden butt hurt over those to... Ya know, even though I'm of Irish decent and the jokes are based on stereotype but still funny thats what I should do, right?

#40 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I get that but the rules seem to be really slanted at times and vary from day to day...  So, I guess from here on in I'll be within the guidlines that whenever someone makes an Irish Joke to report it... Because I'm all of a sudden butt hurt over those to... Ya know, even though I'm of Irish decent and the jokes are based on stereotype but still funny thats what I should do, right?

Mkay, you do that. :frank:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users